COOKIES ON LIFE IS POSITIVE
Below, you’ll find information about cookies, including a definition, a list of which cookies are used on LIFEISPOSITIVE.NET, instructions on how to turn off all cookies or how to disable third party advertising cookies. You’ll also find more links to more reading on the topic. If you need further information or have questions, email email@example.com
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are tiny text files that a web server places on your computer when you visit a web page. The file is just letters and numbers, it doesn’t run software code. When used by a website, the cookie can help make a webpage more user-friendly, for example by remembering your settings.
Cookies live in the memory of your web browser. Usually, a cookie contains:
- The name of the server that created the cookie
- A length of time the cookie will exist
- A value (typically, a random string of numbers and characters)
Types Of Cookies
We use five types of cookies on LifeIsPositive.net, for a variety of purposes, as set out below.
Anonymous analytics cookies
We use these to analyze and measure the traffic to the site. Examples of analytics cookies include:
- LifeIsPositive cookie tracks anonymous usage for stats
- Google Analytics cookie to track anonymous aggregate usage which allows us to improve the LifeIsPositive site
- Comscore cookie to track anonymous aggregate usage
- Quantserve cookie for analytics which helps us understand our online audience
These types of cookies let us see that you’re logged in, allowing you to comment, react to posts and click badges. Examples of registration cookies on LifeIsPositive.net are:
- LifeIsPositive.net cookie keeps your session and settings if you are signed in
- Facebook cookie as part of Facebook sign-in to LifeIsPositive.net, and which remembers you when you re-visit LifeIsPositive.net
Third-party cookies (not advertising-related)
These cookies allow us to integrate LifeIsPositive.net with other services like Twitter or Facebook, conduct optional surveys, and help improve the performance of the site. Examples include:
- Vizu cookie for occasional web studies conducted by LifeIsPositive.net
- Akamai cookie for our CDN (content delivery network) which helps us deliver LifeIsPositive.net content quickly and efficiently
- Twitter cookies for Twitter features on LifeIsPositive.net pages, including allowing you tweet about LifeIsPositive.net content
- Facebook cookies for Facebook features on LifeIsPositive.net pages, including allowing you to share and like LifeIsPositive.net content on Facebook
Third-party Advertising cookies
These cookies help us deliver and track advertisements on LifeIsPositive, including advertisements that are relevant to your interests. Examples of third-party advertising cookies include:
- Doubleclick for Advertisers (DFA) cookie for tracking online advertising
- Doubleclick cookie for tracking advertising
- Atlas cookie for delivering and tracking advertising relevant to your interests
- Mediamind (Eyeblaster) cookie for delivering and tracking advertising relevant to your interests
Information that we collect using “cookie” technology
Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Websites. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Websites may not function properly.
For more information on Google Analytics, including how to opt out from certain data collection, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics. Please be advised that if you opt out of any service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Websites.
Third-party access to information
We use third-party services for:
- Analytics tracking
- User authentication
- Advertising and promotion
- Content marketing
- Email marketing
- Payment processing
These services may access our data solely for the purpose of performing specific tasks on our behalf. We do not share any personally identifying information with them without your explicit consent. We do not give them permission to disclose or use any of our data for any other purpose.
We may, from time to time, allow limited access to our data by external consultants and agencies for the purpose of analysis and service improvement. This access is only permitted for as long as necessary to perform a specific function. We only work with external agencies whose privacy policies align with ours.
We will refuse government and law enforcement requests for data if we believe a request is too broad or unrelated to its stated purpose. However, we may cooperate if we believe the requested information is necessary and appropriate to comply with legal process, to protect our own rights and property, to protect the safety of the public and any person, to prevent a crime, or to prevent what we reasonably believe to be illegal, legally actionable, or unethical activity.
We do not otherwise share or supply personal information to third parties. We do not sell or rent your personal information to marketers or third parties.
Turning Off Cookies
You can make your browser stop accepting some or all cookies. But it’s worth noting that with cookies disabled, many of the things you do online — for instance, clicking the Inspiration button on LifeIsPositive.net — would no longer be possible.
All modern browsers let you control your cookie settings. Here’s a list:
To specifically turn off third party advertising cookies, you can visit these sites:
Useful Links And Further Reading
To find out more about cookies, how they work and what they do, visit the sites below:
- Microsoft Cookies guide
- All About Cookies
- Cookie Central
- Google’s Ad Answers
For more information about privacy and internet advertising, visit this site set up by the IAB:
More information about privacy issues:
To contact LifeIsPositive about cookies, please write firstname.lastname@example.org.